1. Stimulate the interest of pupils in the learning of mathematics;
2. Develop pupils' understanding and acquisition of basic mathematical concepts and computational skills;
3. Develop pupils' creativity, and their ability to think, communicate and solve problems;
4. Develop pupils' number sense and spatial sense, and their ability to appreciate patterns and structures of number and shapes;
5. Enhance pupils' lifelong learning abilities through basic mathematical knowledge.
We focus on students' interpreting and problem-solving ability. Teachers ask students to demonstrate the process of solving math problems in class to improve their problem-solving and interpreting skills. Besides, teachers arrange different activities in class to form and strengthen their mathematical concepts. Also, we have designed our featured school-based courses such as Master of Math, Math in Life and Unit Worksheets for school curriculum development and to enrich students' learning experience.
We always arrange different math activities for students, such as Mathematics Treasure Hunt Activity, Times Table Reciting Competition, Estimation Activity, Math Day and so on. We want students to learn outside classrooms and develop interests in learning math.
We have Mathematical Olympiad classes to foster students' high order thinking skills and broaden their learning experience. We also encourage our students to participate in different math competitions and have won repeated success, such as winning High Distinction Certificate in The International Competitions and Assessments for Schools, First Prize in Huaxia Cup National Mathematics Olympic Invitation Competition, First Prize in Hong Kong Primary Mathematics Contest and so on. These activities and achievements broaden their horizon and strengthen their confidence.