1. To arouse students’ interests and better their abilities in learning English by offering a wide range of appropriate learning activities;
2. To help students enhance and consolidate their English proficiency in the four key learning areas which are Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking;
3. To cater for varied learning needs of students by designing coursework suiting different levels and enhancing their participation during lessons;
4. To promote positive attitudes and values to students by instilling them in English Language knowledge and concept;
5. To develop students’ communicative skills by exposing them to English-Language-enriched learning experiences thus building solid foundation for their lifelong self-learning abilities.
1. To arrange learning activities regarding the four key learning areas (Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking) in lessons each week;
2. To catapult students’ abilities in Reading and Writing by incorporating the PLPRW scheme into our curriculum starting from Primary One;
3. To help students enhance reading techniques by emphasizing the teaching of English Phonetics;
4. To boost students’ self-learning abilities by teaching 220 sight words and designing read-aloud booklets compiling a list of common words to encourage students to have self-oral practice;
5. To appoint one student to deliver a speech for one minute every day (One-minute talk);
6. To enhance students’ English Language usage for communication by employing co-operative learning mode;
7. To enhance students’ exposure to English so as to encourage them to approach English more enthusiastically with a set of incentives such as designing a wide variety of English-themed activities and designating Fridays as English Day;
8. Students are encouraged to not only take part in extra-curricular activities such as Cambridge Examination course and English drama show but also participate in speech and writing competitions;
9. To arrange subject-based workshops for enhancement of teachers’ teaching expertise and set up subject-based teaching-and-learning group perfecting the teaching and learning of English Language.