1. To help students maintain healthy personal development becoming a confident, sensible and dutiful citizen;
2. To understand one's role and responsibility in family and society and pay careful attention to their own benefits as one of the local citizens.
3. To cultivate students' sense of national identity and dedication to contribute to the country and the world;
4. To nurture students' interest and curiosity of nature and technology, and raise their awareness of the impact of scientific and technological development to the society;
5. To care for the surrounding environment.
This subject aims at developing students' inquisitiveness. A wide variety of programmes such as experimental activities, scientific investigation activities and Technology Day are held in the hope of stimulating students’ sense of curiosity and interest in their surroundings and further developing their inquisitive spirit.
We put an emphasis on cultivating our students' social awareness through sharing and analyzing current affairs and thus further polishing their critical thinking skills as students gain a better understanding of their society.
This subject also promotes all-round learning so as to broaden students' horizons. Apart from conducting different kinds of local visits and site-seeing, students can also take part in various outbound excursions.